Sunday, March 4, 2007

ENV-Motorcycle


Probably some of the reader are going to hate me for this post, but I am going to write and subsequently post it nevertheless.

I thought about how much people endanger the planet we're living on just by living here. And it's actually the mere fact of living - it's the way we leave. People don't care anymore about the nature, about the environment or about anything else, but themselves and their time. This is what matters today - time.


On the other hand, though people want everything they owe to be exclusive and good-looking. So I thought maybe some of us boys, would consider using a nice and environment friendly bike, like the one shown on the picture, which is also known as ENV. I know that the Harley fans will spit me in my face if I start praising the zero-cylinder gadget, but I'll do it anyway, because a zero-emission bike is worth talking about.

Yes, yes I know, you can't call it a real bike, if it is a two-wheeled trolley without cylinders, but think of the environment.

This is not the first 'green' motorcycle ever developed, but the predecessors of ENV were absolutely useless on the road, even though they emitted nothing hazardous to the environment. So far only ENV has made it through to ride the road. This is probably the first ever motorcycle which will be widely used on the roads and not only those of Great Britain. Great Britain - because this is the country of birth of this 'green' gadget.

The ENV (sounds like "E-N-V" to me - "ENVY") was developed in Britain's Intelligent Energy. The scientist and developers have enabled the ENV to use hydrogen-power in a removable fuel cell. The prototype emitted almost nothing and it is already known that it will be street legal.

So now, all you bike lovers, you who like to set their heads to the wind, and of course you who wouldn't like to leave a pollution trail behind... be happy because all your dreams come true. And they should come true until the end of this year, as the final version of ENV is planned to go on sale within the next months.

However, there is one more thing you should know about this two-wheeled gadget: it's maximum estimated speed is about 50 miles per hour (i.e. 80 kilometers per hour), so I don't think you'll get a chance to race a Harley on the highway.

No comments: